If you are currently planning the construction of a new home, or an addition to your existing home, I'm am almost certain that you have asked yourself "Will the services of an architect add real value to my project?". Well, I believe it most definitely does, and here’s why:
1. An architect can guide you on where to start and the right steps you will need to take in order for you to complete your project successfully.
2. An architect has the training and expertise necessary in order to ensure that your spaces are comfortable, functional, and a pleasure to occupy.
3. If you engage an architect before selecting a site, they can assist you with selecting the best site for your needs, and ensure that municipal requirements and possible planning and zoning approvals are in place.
4. Many architects have extensive knowledge in sustainable design. They can assist you in ensuring that the most suitable techniques, materials and construction methods are employed on your "Green" project.
5. Architects can assist you in estimating what the overall cost of the project might be. They will also inevitably save you a lot of money through the creative use of space and materials, and by ensuring that the construction process runs smoothly.
6. An architect will assist you with selecting a builder that suits both you and your project. Usually architects have worked with a lot of builders and will know best who might be most suitable for your specific project.
7. Architects are trained to offer you solutions and options that you probably hadn't considered. They have the ability to lift your project out of the everyday and create something that is not only beautiful, but also comfortable, practical, and durable.
Right about now you are probably asking yourself, "but can’t a designer or drafts-person do the same job as an architect?" The answer is a definite no! Architects are trained to add beauty, comfort, practicality and durability to the design solutions they offer. As a result an architect will add value to your project by ensuring that it is something out of the ordinary and unique. In addition to this, most architects have the skills and expertise to ensure that you will end up with a better product than most designers or drafts-persons can offer.
If you are considering building a new home, or taking on additions & alterations to your existing home, please contact me at Sergio Nunes Architects so that I can assist you with getting the most out of your project